Preventing Workplace Bullying
Dubai - UAE
Workshop dates : TBA
Preventing Workplace Bullying - Course Overview:
Workplace bullying is defined as unwanted and recurring negative and abusive acts aimed at one or more individual. Bullies use an extended list of behaviors that include, but are certainly not limited to, silent treatment, yelling and outbursts, undue and extreme criticism, uber-excessive micromanagement, assigning tasks above or below competence levels, giving impossible deadlines, punitive disciplinary actions, withholding information, and discouraging initiative.
Research from around the world indicates between 50% to 70% of employees are bullied at work, and that targets experience an array of psychologically damaging consequences including distress, humiliation, anger, anxiety, discouragement, hopelessness, depression, burnout, and lower job satisfaction.
Of course, all of this decreases the bottom line – it is estimated a small business can spend up to $100,000 annually per bully, while an organization of 1,000 people can spend up to $1,000,000 annually, in turnover, absenteeism, presenteeism, low quality work and reduced work product, decreased company loyalty, development of a hostile workplace culture, communication breakdown, bad reputation within the community and industry, and workers compensation and litigation…to name only a few costly damages.
The Preventing Workplace Bullying workshop is designed to provide the knowledge and practical skills to understand & eradicate workplace bullying.
Course participants will gain research-based information in the following areas:
- Definition of bullying and examples of behaviors.
- Comprehensive knowledge about the social system of bullying, including traits of bullies, targets and the organization.
- Astounding facts and stats about bullying and its prevalence.
- An understanding of damage caused to targets.
- An understanding of damage caused to the organization.
- Information about how to determine the costs within your own organization.
- Tools for eradicating bullying behaviors at work.
- Tools for adjusting organizational culture to one that will not permit bullying anymore.
- Effective interpersonal communication and conflict management skills.
Who Should Attend:
- Senior Managers & Executives.
- Line Managers.
- HR Managers.
- Learning & Development Officers.
- Training Managers & Specialists.
- Supervisors & Team Leaders.
- Anyone responsible for developing people & building teams.
For further information pls. contact:
360BSI Group(INDIA Office)
"Learning is a continuous process.. When learning stop growth stop."